Penhill Jones is currently recruiting for a leading financial services business based in Taunton who are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant for a fast paced business unit.
This is a newly created role within a newly formed business division and has it’s own reporting team outside of core finance. The role holder will work closely with operational leaders outside of finance and then have direct links to group finance to provide reporting, finance administration and support.
This role offers a dynamic environment, exciting challenges and progression.
• Responsible for regular financial and other management information reporting for the team.
• Responsible for making regular payments to third parties.
• Managing the bank accounts and making transfers.
• Ensuring required regulatory requirements are followed.
• Close liaison with the Group finance team.
• Other ad hoc financial and reporting tasks as required
• Comfortable understanding and using financial information- either through having worked directly in a finance role or in a role with a significant financial element.
• Highly numerate
• Intermediate MS Excel knowledge
• Experience working in a finance function or in a similar role.
• Experience of reporting management information.
• Ability to build strong working relationships
• Ability to work to targets and deadlines
• Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
• Ability to remain focused during high volume periods
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Good organisation skills
Salary-up to £25,000 plus benefits
Location: Taunton | Salary: 20000 - 25000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 17/05/2019